Virtual classroom-oral and written communication
- Oral and written communication -
Individually-adjusted training course
People who wish to receive language training no matter where they are and still wish to receive the full benefits of face-to-face training.
An example of a course objective might be:
- To be able to participate actively in conversations and meetings about business topics and concerning selected work and focus areas.
- To be able to formulate oneself in written English.
Concrete objectives for the training are drawn up after an initial proficiency test.
The content of the training is the same as for traditional face-to-face teaching. The course participant and the instructor can see and hear each other and train in exactly the same way as with normal teaching.
The content can therefore include:
- Conversation training
- Fictional meeting situations
- Oral presentations
- Vocabulary training
- Pronunciation training
- Grammar exercises
- Written assignments
The choice of texts is based on the participants’ own areas of work and specialisation.
Topics covered can include:
- General business language
- Specialised or technical language
- Communication in general
- Current business areas and themes
- Meeting and negotiation situations
- Social conversation and small talk
The advantages of the virtual classroom are:
- Lessons can be held from any place in the world.
- Every lesson can be recorded and replayed when reviewing and revising.
- No transport costs.
The number, frequency and time of lessons are arranged.
The training takes place online via Windows Live Meeting or via SKYPE.
Suggestion: Stages of 30 – 60 lessons, 1 or more times a week with 2 lessons at a time.